We are in the last days of spring here. So having one last go at a spring dish, such as pasta primavera, is a great way to finish off the season. Why not change things up and add a little something extra to the mix? Well, Kraft did just that with this recipe called Chicken Pasta Primavera Made Over. Remember this is National Dairy Month so of course there is dairy in this recipe.
Prep Time: 25min.
Total Time: 25min.
Servings: 4 serving
1/2 lb fettuccine noodles
1-12ox pkg of unseasoned stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas)
1 lb bonesless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 Tbsp flour
4oz Neufchâtel cheese, cubed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding vegetables to the boiling water the last 3 min.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in large nonstick skillet 4 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add 3/4 cup broth; simmer 2 min. or until chicken is done.
- Whisk remaining broth and flour until blended.
- Add to chicken mixture; cook and stir 2 min. or until sauce is thickened.
- Add Neufchâtel; cook 2 to 3 min. or until Neufchâtel is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan.
Of course this is a Kraft recipe and Kraft makes Neufchâtel cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. I prefer the taste of freshly grated or shaved Parmesan. So use your own judgement and taste when it comes to whether or not you use fresh or packaged Parmesan.