Today is National Doughnut Day. As I posted yesterday, June is also National Dairy Month. So for this Foodie Friday, I wanted to find you guys a sweet recipe that highlighted both dairy and doughnuts. I think this Doughnut Trifle recipe from Kraft is perfect for today.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 18, 2/3 cup servings
2 boxes vanilla flavor instant pudding
3 cups cold whole milk
1 cup sour cream
8 glazed doughnuts
1 tub of whipped topping, thawed
- Cut each doughnut into eight pieces and set aside.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk for two minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- In your serving bowl, place half of your doughnut pieces at the bottom of the bowl.
- Layer pudding over doughnut pieces.
- Add a layer of whipped topping on top of pudding.
- Repeat layers.
Top your trifle off with sprinkles, toasted coconut or even fruit.
For dairy-free options consider adding vanilla-flavored soy or almond milk, whip cream of coconut to sub for whipped cream, and there are non-dairy sour creams available.